Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Shedding Pounds

I recently shed about 50 pounds I put on over a five year period when my 6 year old nephew died of brain cancer, I was fired for no reason from a job I loved for 11 years, lost another job because it wasn't the "right fit", and then became physically disabled from back and hip surgeries.

As I rebuilt my life, I consoled myself with food. And of course, the food wasn't the solution. It ended up creating more problems. My back and hip hurt more. I didn't like how I looked and couldn't bring myself to buy many nice articles of clothing. It was depressing! And my health was at risk. We have diabetes, cancer and hypertension in our family...with weight a primary risk factor for each.

It was clear that I had to do something. Three years ago, I did lose 25 pounds the traditional "eat less, exercise more" method. But I put much of it back on over the next year. At age 52, it seemed impossible to lose so much. Yet I had to! I was convinced that people looked at me and judged me as someone who didn't care about herself. And you know what? They were right.

I put my health and self-esteem at risk. So that's not very self-loving. And of course, I was deeply unhappy. Being unhappy is definitely a sign that I was not caring well for myself.

Luckily, a physician recommended that I try something quite radical: the HCG Diet. It's based on a program developed by a medical doctor in Italy over 16 years in the mid-20th century. Dr. ATW Simeons, created and studied the HCG diet in a clinic in Rome, publishing a report in 1954.

Dr. Simeons found that by taking human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG), a person can burn fat deposits as energy - about 1500 calories of fat burned a day. That means you can eat just 500 calories - and not be hungry! And you lose .5 to 1.5 pounds a day. Click here to go to the DIYHCG.com site. You can get Dr. Simeons' manuscript there and order the homeopathic drops that work so well. Enter code TX8HD for 5% off!

It worked. In two cycles, I shed 47 pounds. I feel so proud of myself - because it was hard work sticking to that restricted diet plan. I look so much better, feel so much better, and am pretty happy with my weight. I have some more to go for health reasons (there was a lot of self-consoling going on), so I'll do another round of HCG in a month or so. My goal: to have the little Wii FitPlus voice say "that's normal!" when I get my weight.

No comments: