Monday, August 11, 2008

The Hunger Site

To do my bit every day to help fight hunger, I click on TheHungerSite.com. Once there, I click on the indicated box. Sponsors donate a certain amount of food per click, to various US and international charities.

I also tab through to click-and-help other causes: breast cancer (free mammograms); child health (free health care); literacy (free books); rainforest (habitat protection); and animal rescue (food and care).

While not the only way I contribute, it's a simple daily thing I can do to support groups working in these important areas. The practice maintains my awareness of the causes, reminds me of how fortunate I am, and helps me continue the cycle of give/receive.

All that, and it takes about 30 seconds - literally!

You can sign up for a daily reminder with a click-through at TheHungerSite.com.

No comments: